- 5 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2 lb or 1 Cup Cinnamon Red Hots Candy
- 2 Foil Packs (1 Box) Liquid Pectin
- 8 Half-Pint Glass Canning Jars, lids, and rings.
1. Prepare your jars by sanitizing them in a hot water bath. To avoid placing the glass jars directly on the bottom of your pot, use a jar rack or place the jar rings in the bottom of the pot first propping the jars on top. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove the jars and place on top of a towel until ready to be filled.
2. Dissolve sugar and candy in the water over low heat.
3. Add 1 box of liquid pectin and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute (all candies should be completely dissolved).
4. Remove from heat and gently mix until the mixture appears translucent and the foam on top begins to gather. Remove any floating foamy segments from the surface of the mixture. Ladel jelly mixture into the jars, leaving about 1/4 inch of headspace. Make sure the rim of each jar is clean and place a new lid. Secure with a jar ring until finger tight.
5. Place each filled jar into the water bath of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove and place all of the jars on a flat surface on top of a towel. Allow to rest until each of the jars have sealed. You will know they have sealed when they make a popping sound and the top of each jar does not have any sort of buldge that gives when pressed.
*Yields approximately 8 half-pint jars