You don't have to take our word for it; Loma Linda University researchers did a study (cited in the Wall Street Journal and the Journal of the American Medical Association) that tracked over 73,000 vegetarian members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church for almost six years. The health differences between this vegetarian population and meat eaters is pronounced.
Here are some highlights:
- Vegetarians experienced 12% fewer deaths during the period
- Vegetarians were 19% less likely to die from heart disease
- Vegetarians experienced fewer deaths from kidney failure
- Vegetarians experienced fewer deaths from diabetes
- Vegetarians tended to be thinner